I’m slacking in keeping up this weblog-thing, but in my defense, I have been a bit busy. FreeMED released version 0.8.1 to the world, and I have been working in the studio a lot lately as well, working on both the Heirs of Centack audiobook and musical projects. Hopefully the BCF-2000 that has been ordered will get here soon, to make mixing less of a pain. I’m also halfway through a platform change to use PlanetCCRMA as the new studio platform, since the latencies appear good with the 2.6 patched kernel they’re using. More updates as I have them…
- Nostalgia Films: A New Breed of Film - Defining the nostalgia film as a sub-genre.
- Photography: 13 Days of Unusual Shots with Vintage Glass - Trying to expand my photographic range over thirteen days.
- Exploiting Flaws in Vintage Glass - Learning to use the characteristics of vintage glass for fun and (hopefully) profit.
- Downton Abbey: Camera Stabilization as a Storytelling Tool - Looking at camera stabilization in Masterpiece Theater's "Downton Abbey"
- Opensource Contact Sheets for Photographers - Creating contacts sheets using opensource software
- Why "Gotham" Succeeds Where Other Prequels Fail - Looking at why Gotham does prequel better.
- Layers of Canon and The Batman - Examining the concept of multiple layers of canon using The Batman
- The Monomyth, Saving the Cat, and Consistency - Why do we seem obsessed, as a culture, with films heavily designed around pandering to the Campbellian Monomyth?
- Review: Ace Jackson is a Dead Man - A review of Sean Weather's blaxploitation film "Ace Jackson is a Dead Man"
- The Usual Suspects: Mirroring the Outer Story - The inner shot mirrors the outer story in Bryan Singer's The Usual Suspects