Happy New Year, as well as happy whatever solstice holiday you choose to celebrate! Once again, I’m slacking in the “blogging” department. I recently made a few changes to the server, the most important of which will speed this up by fixing the memory map cache used to render pages, thereby removing the molasses from the page loading process. There are also a few new tracks under Artists and Projects on the site, so please feel free to take a listen. More development news coming soon, as I’m planning on a new FreeMED release (0.8.2), as soon as we’re done with QA testing.
- Nostalgia Films: A New Breed of Film - Defining the nostalgia film as a sub-genre.
- Photography: 13 Days of Unusual Shots with Vintage Glass - Trying to expand my photographic range over thirteen days.
- Post Mortem: 2016 Boston 48 Hour Film Project
- Exploiting Flaws in Vintage Glass - Learning to use the characteristics of vintage glass for fun and (hopefully) profit.
- Downton Abbey: Camera Stabilization as a Storytelling Tool - Looking at camera stabilization in Masterpiece Theater's "Downton Abbey"
- Opensource Contact Sheets for Photographers - Creating contacts sheets using opensource software
- Why "Gotham" Succeeds Where Other Prequels Fail - Looking at why Gotham does prequel better.
- Layers of Canon and The Batman - Examining the concept of multiple layers of canon using The Batman
- The Monomyth, Saving the Cat, and Consistency - Why do we seem obsessed, as a culture, with films heavily designed around pandering to the Campbellian Monomyth?
- Review: Ace Jackson is a Dead Man - A review of Sean Weather's blaxploitation film "Ace Jackson is a Dead Man"