This is a list of things that I’d like to have at some point or other, split up into categories. If you want to get me something, chances are that getting me something on this list will result in a greater chance of me liking it.
- AKG Perception 220 or AKG Perception 420 condenser microphone
- ART DPS II digital compressor
- JoeMeek OneQ compressor
12′ TOSLINK cable– Found these at Ocean State Job Lot for 3$ a piece.
- Carvin CTM100: Someone had brought this model mic into the studio with them, and it seems to be versatile enough that I should be getting one.
- Amazon Studio Wishlist
Double bass bow(thanks to Jere and his parents for buying me one of these)
- Alvarez AV-2 baritone guitar (discontinued, needs to be purchased used) or Alvarez-Yairi YB-1 baritone guitar (not discontinued yet) ; or the Alvarez ABT60 (which is probably the best bet of the lot)
Alesis DM-5 Pro Kit (with Surge Cymbals and mesh heads) electronic drumkit— ended up with a Roland V-Drum set instead, although those Surge cymbals sound nice…
- Ashdown Superfly bass amplifier
Canon Speedlite 580EX flash- Purchased this in 2012. Then the 600EX came out, proving that Canon hates me. Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 soft focus lens- Grabbed this one from a grey market distributor in Korea. They have some really odd air-freight packaging there. Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Two lighting umbrellas, stands, bulbs
- Three backdrops and stand
- Wireless flash trigger
- Feelworld SDI/HDMI Monitor - $340
- CAME-8000 3-axis gimbal - $1980
- Amazon Photography/Cinematography Wishlist: Externally maintained wishlist for my photography/cinematography gear. If you owe me one (or just like me a lot), I always appreciate gift purchases from there.
Linksys WRT54GL– Replacement wireless router for the one I’ve burned out. Needs to be the “L” model, otherwise it won’t work for me. Got my present router working for me. IBM eServer 325 Dual Opteron 248 rackmount server GP2X Wiz gaming unit Archos portable media device
- 22-24” LCD monitor (alternate buy here)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii game)– need this for a Nintendo Wii hack to work properly … ended up soft-modding the Wii, no game requried.